Friday, August 18, 2006

Just for the record...

I have been asked how I feel about the recent article/interview that was posted on LDS.org regarding homosexuality, and I figured that sharing a brief blog would help those of you understand how I feel about it. I'm usually a man of many words, but today I am going to be concise (those of you who know me well, know that concision is not nor has it ever been my forte) and express it in a way that is meaningful to me.

I am Derek. (Derek=proper noun)
I am gay. (gay=adjective)
I am a gay. (a gay=article+noun)
I am homosexual. (homosexual=adjective)
I am a homosexual. (a homosexual=article+noun)
I am Derek. (see above)
I am out. (out=prepositional/adjectival properties)
I am happy. (happy=adjective)
I am secure. (secure=adjective)
I am loved. (am loved=perfect tense verb form)
I love. (love=verb)
I am Derek.

I trust the relationship between me and my maker, and it's the only one I give credit to when it comes to dealing with sexuality. Therefore, I really do not and will not fret over what was written and said in the article.

Here's the article if anybody would care to take a look.
ARTICLE

3 Comments:

Blogger Heidi said...

Its true you are loved! I love you. :)

12:38 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Well said, young man.

9:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It just makes you wonder....how long can people stay in denial??? I for one am glad you are who you are "Here's to those who wish us well all the rest can go to h---!"

1:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home