Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Debut

My sister Leslie and her newly wed husband, Jim, were married yesterday at the Alta Lodge, in Alta, Utah (located at the top of Little Cottonwood Canyon). Even though they had chosen Summer Solstice as their wedding date, the weather was nothing to write home about. It appeared like it was going to work against us for the Tuesday wedding, and we were all terrified with the idea of having to have the ceremony inside, instead of being able to have the ceremony outside with the idyllic back ground of snow capped High Rustler looking down upon the wedding party. But.....literally one minute before 6 o'clock (the scheduled time for the ceremony), the rain stopped, the sun peaked through, and we ran out and dried off the seats, and we had a wedding! If anything, it made the occasion more brilliant, and the sun shone upon the snowy hills, and especially down on my "bedecked" (as my Aunt Karen likes to say) sister and now my newest brother in law. From there on out, the evening was flawless. As we dined on delicious steak and salmon, the skies cleared up, and the blue grass band got settled on the wood deck, and we transitioned effortlessly from toasts of good cheer and fortune to some foot stompin', heal kickin' fun. We danced the night away, as the alpenglow kissed the two lovers (and everyone else who had the good fortune of being outside for those 20 minutes) good night.

You know, I've always rolled my eyes at the people who say they want to get married just so they can throw the best party of their lives, surrounded by their closest and dearest loved ones. Well...for a few short hours, I became that type of person that I usually so loathe. :)

And yes....the American debut of my tan summer suit was a smash hit. My brother, Kevin, also went with the same look, and we decided to match even more by wearing pink shirts. We looked incredible, if I do say so myself. As I get some more pics from the evening, I will be sure to put them up (I'm still trying to figure out the HTML code to add a photos section similar to the archives....so if anyone knows Blogger really well, and can help me out....just holler!)

The best thing of the night, was after the dinner and dancing had calmed down, I was able to give Jim, a man that I have grown to love so much over the last eight years, a big ol' hug, and finally call him my brother. Welcome to the family, JIM!


Warmest Wedding wishes,
D-Rock