Friday, September 29, 2006

Who are the people in my neighborhood?

I think that this might be an ongoing title, as I see fit to fill y'all in on the type of people who surround me at school, at play, at the library, on the street, etc.

Today I'd like the highlight the very honest students of the University of Washington who used the Post Office on University Avenue. I had purchased a compiled text made up of lots of different articles from the local copy stop on the Ave (University Ave is affectionately known as the Ave here at UW), and then had to run quickly up the block to the post office to drop something in the mailbox, and then run and make it to my two-hour afternoon class. When I got to class I realized that I didn't manage to bring back have my newly acquired ($32) text, and that most likely it was going to be gone when I went back to retrieve it after the lecture. Much to my surprise, the text was still there, and still in the same place I had left it two hours before. This post office is super busy, and I wouldn't doubt if a hundred or so people hadn't passed through it during that time, and yet my so-brand-spankin'-new-you-can-still-smell-the-fresh-forest-in-the-paper-stack was just waiting for me to come and find it, completely unmolested.

So here's a great THANK YOU to the honest and kind people who used our country's national postal service today in Seattle!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home