Friday, September 22, 2006

Bogart

Today (after my sweaty run) I've been reading a blog written by this guy close to my age in Salt Lake who has a cat, and I was suddenly overcome with a heavy dose of sadness. I really miss my little friendly Bogart who used to curl up with me in bed, do backflips when chasing the pen light, run up and down the stairs of the Swallows, purr in my lap at night watching the Daily Show, dart out of the litter box after taking his morning dump, and insist on licking me at 6:57 am sharp EVERY MORNING. I could use a little Bogart in my life right now, and it bums me out the think that he's not here with me right now. I know this isn't the only time I've blogged about losing Bogart, but it's still something that I have a hard time coming to terms with. Sometimes when people ask me about it, I just give a short answer and change the subject. For being someone who likes to talk, this can be a topic of conversation that I don't always enjoy. But, I do think of him often, and miss our all-too-brief season together. I only got to have him for 6 months, and I was honestly planning on enjoying him for a good 15 or 20 years. So, for all you pet owners out there, please take advantage of the little furry/scaly/slimy/what-have-you creatures and just be thankful that you have them around.

Hope you're doing well with a new set of healthy kidneys, my little friendly.

1 Comments:

Blogger Heidi said...

You gave Bogart the best 6 months of his life. He was very happy and he loves you.

11:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home