Thursday, January 18, 2007

When Hessica comes to play...

My darling Hess came up to keep me company in Seattle over the MLK Jr. long weekend. I was just getting over my cold, and was getting a little stir crazy only spending time at school or in my bed, so the timing couldn't have been more perfect. We had a fun dinner with some of my school friends, and ventured over to Kate's Pub in Wallingford. The next day, Seattle showed its cold ugly face, so we kept on the down low, and ended up seeing Notes on a Scandal, for which I would like to say..."SCANDALOUS--go see it now!"

Sunday Hess and I met up with Brie and another Jessica (from my program) and headed to the Experience Music Project in the Seattle Center. Although the museum is really nice inside and I learned a lot, it was a bit more expensive than I would regularly go for, and I'm not sure if I'd actually recommend it to anyone. I don't imagine I'd go again, unless there was a really cool traveling exhibit showcased there. After the museum, the four of us walked over to a cute coffee house for a cup of joe and to chat all things boys and men. Yes, I know, I can never really get away from being "Derek and the girls"...what's a gay man to do. In my defense, when I was living up on Cortez Street, I was definitely in the majority as most of my friends were (gay) men.

That night, Hess took me out to Ray's Boathouse on the Puget Sound where we wined and dined. Delicious. The next day, we took the Washington State Ferry out to Bainbridge Island, had breakfast, and then got to know the area a bit. Before I knew it, the entire weekend had rushed by, and I was taking Hess back to SeaTac.

THANKS FOR COMING, HESS! I HAD SUCH A GREAT WEEKEND!

Dinner with peeps from school at the Indo Cafe
Derek, Jessica, Liz, Chad (some of my fellow Med-SLP students)
Derek and Hess

Hess and Derek freezing our asses off getting this pic with Mt. Ranier as our lovely backdrop
You know it's a good song when you both are closing your eyes







Derek on ferry to Bainbridge Island

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seattle rules!! I had so much fun with you. I will definitely be back...

Love,
Hess/Peppa D

9:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home